viernes, 6 de agosto de 2010

Ashes and snow






Ashes and snow by Gregory Colbert

Descubrir el trabajo de este fotografo te devuelve al origen, al delicado y preciso sonido de cada latido, de cada paso. Indispensable detenerse en cada palabra , en cada imagen para recordar ciertas cosas que nunca debimos olvidar.

Letter 1
"To the Princess of the elephants"

I disappeared exactly one year ago today. On that day I received a letter. It called me back to the place where my life with the elephants began.

Please forgive me, for the silence between us has been unbroken for one year.

This letter breaks that silence. It marks the first of my three hundred and sixty-five letters to you, one for each day of silence.

I will never be more myself than in these letters.

They are my maps of the bird path, and they are all that I know to be true.

Letter 74

"I still have the first letter that you wrote to me. I carry it like a garden in my pocket.

If you come to me at this moment
Your minutes will become hours
Your hours will become days
And your days will become a lifetime.

I am never sure if I am reading the letter or if the letter is reading me."

*

"I saw promises I did not keep
...
wounds I did not heal
...
tears I did not share
...
lovers I left behinde
...
dreams I did not live.

I saw all that was offered to me that I could not accept.
I saw the letters I wished for but never received.

I saw all that could have been
but never will be."

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Think I'm in love with the Princess an her elephant.... so lovely.

Unknown dijo...

Amo las fotos de Gregory Colbert.

Mónica Muñoz dijo...

me encantan.

Se nos suele olvidar lo que somos exactamente...

Me gusta mucho tu blog, ya te sigo!

:-)